Please let us know is you have any problems with any of these!
If updating from 0.2, the best way to update to this release is to simply replace all the .php files from the previous release with the new ones. There is no need to re-run the wizard and pLog will use the same configuration settings, templates, languages and so on. In case we are updating from the 0.1 branch, then using the wizard is recommended.
Release notes can be found here and the download packages can be found in the "Files" section in our SF.net project page. Please let us know if you have any problems with this release and in the meantime, happy plogging! :)
The plugin can be downloaded from here.
pLog 0.2 has been released, marking the second important release of the project after the successful 0.1 branch. Of course, pLog 0.2 brings an impressive set of new features:
- Speed improvements. pLog should feel now much faster than 0.1.x. In our tests, the time required to process a request was about 5-6 times faster
- Improved administration interface. Now every single aspect of pLog can be controlled from the administration console. There is no need to edit configuration files anymore!
- User levels, including normal users, blog owners and users with administrator permissions. Possibility to easily add/remove users from blogs.
- Improved "Read More" feature. Now instead of abruptly cutting the post, you'll get two different text boxes when typing the post so that the user can choose what to show in the main page and what to show in the post page.
- User comments can be auto formatted. Also, it is now possible to choose in which order user comments will appear, newest first or oldest first.
- Easy interface to dynamicall add language files and theme packs.
- Search-engine friendly URLs (only available when using Apache 1.3.x)
- Improved plugin interface.
- Bug Fixes
A few template sets and additional plugins have also been released, but have not been included in the main package. They can be found in the "Extras" section in the top menu bar.Keep reading for more information or see the release notes for pLog 0.2 (More)
Drop us a line in the forums if you find any bug. Happy plogging! :)
Happy p-logging! :)
Have a look at the ChangeLog for more details about the changes in this version.
Happy blogging! At least while we finish version 0.2 :)
These are the basic changes:
- Now by default no network checks are performed when entering email address. If you wish to have that functionality back, please enable the "check_email_address_validity" setting in the configuration file. This setting has been reported to cause some problems and timeouts.
- When entering a new link in the admin interface, if the user forgot to add the "http://" in front, it will be added.
- A few strings from the default template had not been localized.
- The texts for htmlarea were in Spanish rather than in English. Now they're back to English.
- If htmlarea wasn't enabled, the help window wasn't working in the admin interface. That has been fixed.
Happy blogging, and thanks to all the users who reported bugs and who are already running pLog!
All you need to do is grab the files from here, either in tar.gz or in tar.bz2 format, unpack them and run the wizard.php script. The new version comes with redesigned and slicker documentation that will guide you through the process of installing pLog, if any help is required at all. The documentation can also be browsed on-line here.
If you are installing from the latest development release, plog-devel-20030805, the wizard includes also support for upgrading the database structure (which has slightly changed a little) but it will take care of everything so that you don't lose your information. If you are installing from a previous development release, it is strongly recommended that you recreate the whole database since there have been too many changes since then.
Finally, if you are installing from a previous pLog stable release, it is also recommended that you throw it all away since changes are way too extreme to keep things compatible. However, in a few days I will post a simple php script that I myself developed and used to convert my own journal to the latest version.
For your information, this is a brief list with the most important changes since the last stable release:
- Completely rewritten code base, to make it more modular, following a pseudo-MVC model.
- Multiple unlimited users per blog and multiple blogs per single installation of pLog.
- Database storage
- Smarty based templating layer that completely isolates the presentation of the content from the core classes.
- Posts now can be classified under categories, and comments can be posted for every post.
- Visual edition of HTML code, thanks to the HTMLArea component (only available if using Mozilla 1.3b+ or IE 5.5 or higher)
- Automatic generation or archives and calendar.
- Completely localizable, including texts, dates, numbers and the administration interface. The default package contains texts in English, Spanish, Catalan, Russian, Chinese (traditional) and Chinese (Taiwan), Italian (partly) and Portuguese (partly) Please contact the team leaving a message in the forums or by joining the mailing list if interested in translating pLog to your own language.
- Blogging features: Support for XML-RPC Ping notification-style for sites like Weblogs.com or blo.gs. Support for sending and receiving Trackback pings. Generation and aggreagation of RSS feeds.
- Easily extendable with a plugin system
Happy blogging! :)