Frequently Asked Questions
There is a list with the most frequently asked questions
available in the wiki. Please check if your problem
has already been answered there, it will save us time if we don't have to answer the same question over
and over again.
- When trying to run the wizard during installation, it doesn't work and I get lots of messages like "fopen(./tmp/3f4c7de95a680): failed to open stream: Permission denied", "Smarty error: problem writing temporary file './tmp/3f4c7de95a680'" or "touch(): Unable to create file ./tmp/wizard^intro.template because Permission denied". What can I do?
- How can I recover my password?
- I can't see the icons in the visual HTML editor after installing!
- How can users register a Blog on my System?
- Why can't I add new template files?
- I get "There was no resource file uploaded" when adding a new resource
- I cannot see the graphical editor of posts even though I have set _"Enable WYSIWYG edition of texts"_ to yes in my blog settings
- When I try to add a link using the graphical editor of posts by clicking the button with the anchor icon, I get a pop-up window asking me for a URL but then nothing is added to the text.
- The wizard throws the following error when I move to step number two
- How can I use "https://" URLs with pLog?
- Locales with access do not work
- How can I configure "Search Engine friendly" URLs?
- Where is the administration panel?
- No thumbnail is generated at all when uploading GIF files!
- After installing pLog in my RH9/Fedora Core server the texts are all messed up!
- How do I set summary.php as the front page of my site?
- My PHP is running out of memory/I can't see anything in my pages
- I am getting an allowed memory size of XXX bytes exhausted error
- When subdomains are enabled, www.mysite.com says that the blog doesn't exist!
- How Can I display my pLog blog in non-pLog pages?
- How do I configure support for subdomains?
- How do I configure custom URLs?
- I am using subdomains, can I remove /blog/ from URLs?
- I am getting an error in file XXX line YYY right after installation, why do you guys have broken code?
- Tables don't exist on Fresh Install
Most of the support in the LifeType project is handled via the forums avaliable at
The documentation of the project is maintained in the project wiki.
Should you find any bug in a stable or development release of LifeType, please help the project
by reporting it via the project's bug tracking system.
Mailing lists are the preferred way to communicate with the developers, although they should not
be used for support questions but insted, to discuss other aspects of the project such as new
ideas, development issues and so on. Currently there are two public mailing lists available
Click the links above to sign up for any of them, follow the instructions and don't forget to
reply to the confirmation mail necessary to finish the registration process.
These are additional links related to installing and configuring certain features of LifeType:
Installing and configuring PHP.
Configuring DNS and Apache to support subdomains.
Apache documentation on ForceType.