NewsFeaturesDownloadsDevelopmentSupportAbout Us

pLog 0.1.1 released

The first maintenance release of the 0.1 series peacefully made its way to the download servers today and it is available for download in the downloads area. It is meant to be a maintenance release fixing a few bugs that were discovered after releasing 0.1, so it has no new features. The only interesting new things in this release are two additional translations of the texts, Japanese and German, thanks to the collaboration of two of our users (kudos to them on behalf of the team!) New translations are always welcome so please get in touch with us (forums or mail) if you're insterested in helping us out.
Have a look at the ChangeLog for more details about the changes in this version.
Happy blogging! At least while we finish version 0.2 :)
< !-- ADS -->
  1. Comment Fun with CVS
    Hey, I tried the latest from CVS..check out http://someblog.com. For some reason, it doesn't like the config in the DB. Not sure why. Any thoughts appreciated. Darren
    Posted by Darren 19 Sep 2003, 10:04
  2. Comment CVS is not 100% working yet
    And the first example that CVS is not yet meant to be used in "production" environments is what is happening to you...

You should recreate the database tables since a new one has been added, to store the configuration in the db. The wizard hasn't been updated yet, but the scripts init/plog.sql and init/init.sql have, so best thing to do is create a new database and run those scripts. It should do the trick.

Another option is to go to go the file config.class.php and change the value of the constant DEFAULT_STORAGE_BACKEND from "db" (as it is by default) to "file". This will tell plog to use the file-based configuration backend instead of the db. This should solve the problem with the db but you would still need to add a few records to some tables to create the super administrator and so on... As I said, it is advisable to recreate the tables (in the future the wizard will take care of doing this, tho... it's just a matter of time ;))
    Posted by oscar 19 Sep 2003, 10:12
  3. Comment This is a fresh install
    This is a brand new install. I ran the init and create scripts from scratch, on a new DB. So, that new table should be there and populated. In fact, after looking in the DB, it is there. I'll try your other option... Darren
    Posted by Darren 19 Sep 2003, 11:06
  4. Comment More info
    After that default install... Here is what I see in the MySQL logs: 40 Query SELECT * FROM config This should be SELECT * FROM plog_config, no?
    Posted by Darren 19 Sep 2003, 11:29
  5. Comment More digging
    After some more digging, I have found that the config entries do not appear to be populating. Meaning, $this->_dbPrefix is not being picked up. It seems to connect to the DB, so I am not sure why the configdbstorage file is having issues.
    Posted by Darren 19 Sep 2003, 12:21
  6. Comment FYI
    When switching to Config = "file", I still see the same issues...it is not picking up the dbPrefix. See the following query after getting past that config error: 030919 14:58:58 19 Query SELECT * FROM blogs WHERE id = It is not even picking up the default ID of 1. I'm patient enough with devlepment :)
    Posted by Darren 19 Sep 2003, 13:00
  7. Comment TrackBack?
    Hi, I am using 0.1.1 but I can't use a trackback function. How can I use it?
    Posted by SaY 22 Sep 2003, 06:56
  8. Comment No Subject
    Hi!
    What do you mean you can't use the trackback function? Do you mean that you can't send trackbacks or that you can't receive trackbacks?

Try to use our forums to ask for help there.
    Posted by oscar 22 Sep 2003, 12:36
  9. Comment TrackBack?
    Hi, I am using 0.1.1 but I can't use a trackback function. How can I use it?
    Posted by SaY 22 Sep 2003, 16:43
  10. Comment TrackBack?
    Hi, I am using 0.1.1 but I can't use a trackback function. How can I use it?
    Posted by SaY 22 Sep 2003, 16:49