The first testing version -and hopefully, last- of pLog 0.3.1 has just been released. It is only a maintenance release and while it adds a few new features, its main target is fixing most of the bugs that were found since 0.3 was released which unfortunately, were many more than we wished. Keep reading for more information about the new features and the bug fixes. Users who are already running 0.3 and wish to update to this version, do not need to run the installer script (wizard.php) again, as there are no changes to the database. Simply keep a copy of you config.properties.php, and then overwrite all other files with the ones from the packages. Put back your configuration file and your update will be complete.
< !-- ADS -->
- The register.php script has been fixed, it was unfortunately completely broken in 0.3.
- All the template sets hide the comments form if comments have been disabled either for all posts or only for that one.
- When the plugin manager was disabled, there was a warning message in the top of the page that shouldn't be there.
- Several additional fixes were made,
to make pLog work better if it was being referenced/used/included from
a PHP file outside its folder --> See the following thread for more
- There were several missing fields in the plog.sql file
- Fixed the Date class to work with PHP 4.1 (thanks Carsten)
- Added the zh_TW and ca_ES translations.
- Now the files and folders uploaded
via the 'Resource Center' should have correct permissions. Also, more
checks are performed by the Resource Center options to make sure that
all folders were created and have the right permissions. If they're not
correct, it won't be possible to continue until there are created and/or fixed.
- For some reason, IE was showing the sub-menu bar of the admin interface wrongly, and it was almost impossible to read.
- The 'blueish' and 'grey' template were
wrongly showing the timestamp of the original article as the timestamp
of the posts, instead of showing the real timestamp.
- If a user belongs to only one blog,
he or she won't be asked to choose one from the list, but it will load
the only blog straight away.
- Added an Atom feed, version 0.3 (might need some tweaks)
- Possibility to show the number of
posts that were posted during a certain month, in the "Archives"
section. The 'blueish' template set comes with this feature enabled, by
using the getNumArticles() method.
- Possibility to go to a certain blog by using the http://.../blog/username URL, in addition to the already existing one http://.../username, in case it is not possible for us to use custom ErrorDocument handlers (thanks nexia)
- The summary.php script now also
"obeys" the URL format settings (normal URLs or search engine friendly
URLs) It wasn't so in 0.3 and earlier versions.
- Added an additional '%l' modifier to the Locale::formatDate method (thanks nick)
- The window with the list of
resources is not automatically closed after adding one to the current
post, in case we wish to add more than one.
- It is now possible to specify time differences from -20 to +20 hours.
- By popular request, it is now
possible to show future events in the calendar as well as in the blog.
This is some kind of a hidden and unsupported feature, and in order to be enable it, set the configuration parameter show_future_events_in_calendar to 1 in the table plog_config. This feature affects all blogs in your installation. It has been planned to implement it in a per-blog basis for next major release.
This information can also be found in the wiki
. Use the wiki if you need documentation and use the forums
is you have any problem and there is no solution or documentation for it in the wiki